Re: [ApacheGallery] Document Contains No Data

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 05:55:25PM -0500, Tom Utley wrote:
> Now, these galleries all use jpeg images, and were all working just fine
> with 0.6. So, what has changed that would cause what I'm seeing? How can I
> resolve this issue?

I had a similar problem when upgrading. What i then did was to insert
many many debug statements into the Gallery.pm code in order to see
what happened. It turned out that, in the process of upgrading, i
installed a version of Image::Info (i don't know if it was 1.14 or
1.15) which never returned any reasonable Image-infos. Maybe you face
a similar problem. I hope i remember it right, but i think it really
was Image::Info producing the error. Do you see dying apache processes
in your Apache error log (because my dying Image::Info lib took down
the whole apache process :>)?

To the authors: i would very much like to have a switch GalleryDebug
or GalleryDebugLevel in order to track down what's happening. It
really took me about 20 or 30 prints to stderr tracking down what was
happening. With a dynamic debug level, 0 off, 1 debugging, 2 more
debugging one could debug suchs errors a lot easier. I can prepare a
patch to do exactly that if anybody is interested in that.
Btw. Apache::Gallery really rocks :)

cheers, alex
--
alexander goller		alex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx