Re: [ApacheGallery] patch submission format

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004, Doug Alcorn wrote:
> Before I get all gung ho about submitting a bunch of patches fo A::G,
> there's one thing I want to complain about:
>
>   http://www.jspwiki.org/Wiki.jsp?page=WhyTabsAreEvil
>
> How many people would rise up in revolt and kick me off the mailing
> list if I submitted a patch to untabify Apache::Gallery.pm?  What's
> the likelihood of getting such a patch accepted into the -dev branch?

If you have a problem with the tabification, just reset what \t is to
something that is sane for you.

If anything, I'd be happy if someone decided to pick a sane set of
cperl-mode (or it's vi or your favorite editor equivalent) options,
and then just used that, rather than just munging through the entire
sourcecode. [That'd help those of us who have largish patches to keep
everything consistent.]

Don Armstrong

--
"A one-question geek test. If you get the joke, you're a geek: Seen on
a California license plate on a VW Beetle: 'FEATURE'..."