Re: [ApacheGallery] Apache::Gallery not showing thumbnails nor images nor any errors

hello Sebastian,

Wednesday, June 23, 2004, 6:01:52 AM, вы написали:

SR> Hi,

SR> I'm sorry I won't be able to tell you much about my setup since it was made in
SR> haste and I didn't take any notes.
SR> It was all done over CPAN and I'm running Debian stable.

SR> I put .htaccess-files into the directories I want to be displayed as A::G,
SR> they all contain about the same:
install file of A::G recommends to put settings into the <Location>
container and set PerlResponseHandler to A::G
personally i do that:
I put PerlResponseHandler to
<Location /gallery>

SR> Options +Indexes
^^^^^^^^ This can be the reason - the most possible it is - it is said in
A::G docs that it can work bad with apache's mod_autoindex, i turn off
indexing completely at my site. If you really need it, try to remove
the Indexes options for the location where A::G resides.
SR> SetHandler   perl-script
SR> PerlHandler  Apache::Gallery
SR> PerlSetVar   GalleryTemplateDir
SR> '/usr/share/apache/gallery/templates/'
SR> PerlSetVar   GalleryThumbnailSize '200x150'
SR> PerlSetVar   GalleryInfo 'Picture Taken => DateTimeOriginal, Flash => Flash'
SR> PerlSetVar   GallerySizes '640 1024 1600'
SR> PerlSetVar   GalleryCacheDir '/var/www/gallery-cache/'

SR> The images do get indexed, so I have directories and thumbs
SR> in /var/www/gallery-cache/, but no image nor thumb will be displayed.
i think it is better to put cache to come /tmp dir, where apache
effective user has full rw rights. i don't think this is the problem,
but try to check.
SR> Since there is no error logged at all,
you can increase apache's log level and see access.log
SR> it was pretty hard to find it. Now I
SR> think I've come very close:
SR> If I create an (empty) .cache-directory in the directory I want to be shown as
SR> A::G, it shows the thumbs (it seems to route http://foo/.cache/image
SR> to /var/www/gallery-cache/image).
SR> Where's my problem, can you tell?
i think, your problem is with A::G interfere with apache autoindex.
most likely.

--
br
enst@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx