Re: [ApacheGallery] help with chached files needed!

On Thu, Jun 17, 2004 at 01:47:41PM -0500, Tom Brown wrote:

> > APJ> In apache 1.x this would probably break a
> > APJ> lot of error handling in Apache.
> > this i can't tell at all, sorry.
> >
> > actually this error messages _shoudn't_ be there, cause this file
> > intentionally doesn't exist and image intentionally is loaded from
> > another location, which is not even serveable by server. This is my
> > opinion.
> > Anyway, thanks for the best gallery i ever used!
>
> This seems like the same problem as
> http://www.nowhere.dk/A::G/msg00676.html
>
> The problem is that Apache2 seems to be confused about the path of the
> thumbnail is. I think making ApacheGallery only change the file path
> in a PerlTransHandler instead of at the PerlResponseHandler stage
> fixes the problem, but don't have a fix as a tidy patch (though I have
> tested this theory).

I believe that all Michael's Apache2 patches are highly experimental,
so any additions are very welcome.

Afaics, we use sendfile to ship the file under Apache2, so OK would
probably be the correct return code.

--
Andreas Plesner Jacobsen | You can be replaced by this computer.