Re: [ApacheGallery] Rotating and comment on images

I wonder if annyone has been doing some work on functions to rotate and comment on the images via the web? I.e. a web user interface to create and modify [imagename].rotate and [imagename].comment files.

I've just started using A::G and that's the one really big thing I find
lacking in this program, so I've started to look at adding it.  I saw on the
mailing list archive that someone else had already looked at it, and done much
of the code, but it never got included in the release version of A::G.  So I
was planning on working off of that.  So you could check the mailing list
archive and see what the other guy wrote (can't remember his name).

It seems like Paul Vallee has made some work on this (and more). Is there a version with the latest version this code included somewhere? (as his mail where sent in March I guess some changes have been made by now) It doesn't seem to be in: http://svn.apachegallery.dk/snapshots/.

I'm aware that this means that the web server user has to have write privileges in the image directory but my plan is to use two separate processes. One with privileges that use access control as well, and one public.

The way I considered solving this would be to write a .comment/.rotate file in
the cache directories when done from the web, and have A::G use the newer of
the 2 files when is displays the image.  The only issue I can really see is if
the cache directory gets deleted to clean it up or something the users may
lose their comment data, which makes that sound like a bad idea.

I would be possible to have a third directory, "metadata" or something, writable by the web server. To put data in a cache-directory seems a bit dangerous to me.

/Melker