Re: [ApacheGallery] Patch to replace inline C code with native Perl

On Sat, Mar 22, 2003 at 02:50:02PM -0800, Jon McClintock wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 22, 2003 at 03:25:52PM -0600, Thomas Eibner wrote:
> > Okay, I'm almost 100% sure that this is not going to make it in. If we
> > want to allow for imagemagick to be used it would have to be a way so
> > you can choose which one you want. So, we need to figure out how we
> > want this to work. I'm proposing we make two new modules that plugs
> > into A::G from httpd.conf. I would suggest that we make two wrappers
> > called Apache::Gallery::Imlib2 and Apache::Gallery::ImageMagick.
> > They would both have the same methods which would be wrappers around
> > how each library does the the resizing/superimposing etc. Both modules
> > would create the functions in a common namespace (so you can only use
> > one graphics library at a time).
> >
> > How does that sound Jon? Michael? Andreas? :)
>
> That sounds reasonable. The resize code is pretty modular, entirely
> contained in the resizepicture() routine.
>
> What do you think about the code to resize images on the image fetch? Or
> is that what you were referring to when you said you're 100% sure it's
> not going to make it in?

No, the "not going to make it in" would be the Image::Magick code. But!
I'm not going saying it will not make it in as your work is lost, we'll
just have to work it out so we do something like the suggestion I made
before.

As to the resize on on image fetch, it was configurable correct? If it
is I think it should go in. I'll take a look at the patch after I'm
done brewing beer in a few hours ;)

*mmmm the power of beer*

--
  Thomas Eibner <http://thomas.eibner.dk/> DnsZone <http://dnszone.org/>