Re: Problem: Incline fixed, moving on...

On Mon, Jul 29, 2002 at 02:28:33PM -0700, Eric Wong wrote:
> I rather like the per-image comment file; it simplifies image management
> by making it very easy to move an image and its associated metadata from
> one directory to another.  I'd like to see all of the metadata (comments,
> rotation, etc.) put into a single file, though.  XML seems like a good
> idea for this.

I agree, but it's alot more work to write an xml file than to just do a

$ echo 1 > image.jpg.rotate

So we need a admin interface, right? Should we let the httpd write
imagename.xml/meta files along with the pictures or what does people
think about using a database instead? Is that a too big requirement
for the gallery?

> > On a totally other note, what about setting a Reply-to:
> > users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx in the MLM?

I just use "list reply" in my mailclient, but if people would like
reply-to on the list, I guess we can change that :)

Michael