Re: Problem: Incline fixed, moving on...

On Mon, Jul 29, 2002 at 11:11:02PM +0200, A-J Ulvestad wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-07-29 at 22:59, Michael Legart wrote:
> > You can create files called "IMAGE.JPG.comment" with the comments
> > in.
> >
> > I know this is not optimal... and I'm thinking about a better
> > way of handling the comments and other settings.
>
> Hmm.. what about a per-directory .comment (or simply 'comment') with
> content like:
> <OBJECTID>
>  <NAME="image.jpg">
>  <COMMENT="Some picture I downloaded">
>  <DATE="09/06/2002 14:00">
>  <AUTHOR="Ola Nordmann <ola@xxxxxxxx>">
> </OBJECTID>
>
> This would enable a later feature of search engine.. searching for
> images created between ... and ..., by Ola Nordmann, mediatype JPEG.

I rather like the per-image comment file; it simplifies image management
by making it very easy to move an image and its associated metadata from
one directory to another.  I'd like to see all of the metadata (comments,
rotation, etc.) put into a single file, though.  XML seems like a good
idea for this.

> On a totally other note, what about setting a Reply-to:
> users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx in the MLM?

Agree!

Eric