Re: [ApacheGallery] Apache::Gallery fork

Andreas-Johann Ulvestad wrote:

On Wed, 2006-03-08 at 18:41 -0500, peter royal wrote:
On Mar 8, 2006, at 5:56 PM, edouard@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Because I have send and email to Michael Legart, to ask him if I can make
a fork of Apache::Gallery, but I didn't receive any anwser :-(

I have call my project XmlAutoIndex and I would like to put GPL Licence.

Do you know who I can contact to make a fork on Apache::Gallery ?
You are free to make a fork, but you must follow the terms of the original license, which is <http://www.opensource.org/licenses/ artistic-license.php> I believe. I'm not sure if this means that you can re-license it under the GPL, but probably not. You would likely have to release under the same license.

A possibility is of course to request to fork (like he did), and if the
original writer plus contributors agree, there should be no problems
with a derative work under another license.
Hum, yes that is why I would like to contact the original writer,
but without any answer I am stalled.
Anyway I can wait :-)

Edouard.