Re: [ApacheGallery] No thumbnails on Debian Sarge

On Sun, Nov 14, 2004 at 03:13:33PM +0000, Matthew T. Atkinson wrote:
> I am having a problem with the thumbnails, however.  The program is
> creating directories under /var/tmp/ApacheGallery but it is not
> inserting any thumbnails into them.  The directory tree it creates is
> writable by the web server's user.
>
> In the gallery, it looks like it is trying to get the cached files from
> a directory called ``.cache'' from within the album.  I am assuming this
> is just faked
> In any case, it can't write to the album, and hasn't
> complained about this.
Correct. AG intercepts the requests for files in .cache and internally
redirects them to the correct place in /var/tmp/ApacheGallery

> Thumbnails for non-image files display properly, as do directories and
> everything seems to be working fine (apart from this issue).  The
> re-sized images also don't display; I presume for the same reason as the
> thumbnails.
Perhaps imlib2 is having trouble resizing your images. You could try
in putting an image which is known to scale into your album such as
http://umbra.nascom.nasa.gov/eit/images/eclipse/williams/Williams_College_wl.jpg
If this image works what did you use to generate your images? Could
you make one publicly available? If this image does not work recheck
permissions and let us know.

As always, it would be good to include a snippet from the apache error
(and perhaps request) logs unless you are absolutely certain they are
normal.

Tom

--
28 70 20 71 2C 65 29 61 9C B1 36 3D D4 69 CE 62 4A 22 8B 0E DC 3E
mailto:tdbrown@xxxxxxxx