[ApacheGallery] Building Apache 2, mod_perl 2, etc from RPMs

Ok, I'm ready to admit the error of my ways in always building from tarballs! I'm running Redhat 8. I have apache2-2.0.46-5mdk.src.rpm and apache2-2.0.46-5mdk.i586.rpm. My goal is to have Apache 2, mod_perl 2, PHP, and SSL running, and to get apachegallery working. My past experience with RPM installs has been "rpm --install <whatever>" and hoping that it worked. I would welcome suggestions on which RPMs need to be installed and in what order. Ideally, I'd like to end up with Apache living under /usr/local/httpd.
Dan Mahoney
dan@xxxxxxxx
"How you behave towards cats here below determines your status in Heaven."
Robert Heinlein
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of
life - music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer