Re: [ApacheGallery] Patch to replace inline C code with native Perl

On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 01:36:20PM +0100, Andreas Plesner Jacobsen wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 11, 2003 at 08:26:55PM -0800, Jon McClintock wrote:
>
> > of trouble (mostly related to the object files), so I rewrote it to use
> > the Image::Magick module and be entirely Perl. It's a little slower on
>
> I think Michael actually wrote A::G using Image::Magick at first, but
> changed to imlib2 because of the slowness. Perhaps we should look at
> doing it as a plugin so people would be able to choose from the two.

AFAIK the first versions used libgd, not Imagemagick.
Doing it as a plugin sounds like a great idea to me.  I think we in
general should think about how we best support plugins, as I've heard
people talking about doing db-plugins for storing metadata too.

--
  Thomas Kjær