Re: [ApacheGallery] 3 bugs and a feature request

Comments below, in short, unfortunately snapshot r123 did not solve any of
the problems I mentioned.

This is the error message that appears in my logs when I try to view the
folder containing sheratonworld-2.JPG is
[Mon Apr 21 15:19:12 2003] [notice] child pid 4146 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

The process that segfaults is a clone of httpd

My specs are as follows
RH 7.2
perl-5.6.1-26.72.3
apache-1.3.27-1.7.2
Inline-0.44
TermReadKey-2.21
CGI-FastTemplate-1.09
IO-String-1.02
Test-Harness-2.26
Digest-MD5-2.24
libapreq-1.1
Test-MockObject-0.12
Image-Info-1.12
MD5-2.02
Test-Simple-0.47
Image-Size-2.991
Parse-RecDescent-1.80

Gallery additions to my apache Config:

PerlSetVar   GalleryTemplateDir '/home/pirho/galtemplates'
PerlSetVar   GalleryInfo 'Picture Taken => DateTimeOriginal, Flash =>
Flash'
PerlSetVar   GallerySizes '320 640'
PerlSetVar   GalleryThumbnailSize '100x75'
#PerlSetVar   GalleryCopyrightImage 'htdocs/c.png'
<Location /gallery/ >
        SetHandler      perl-script
        PerlHandler     Apache::Gallery
</Location>
</VirtualHost>

Let me know if you need any more info to help debug.

Unfortunately, I still have the problem with uri_escape and perl 5.6.1

Jack

On Mon, 21 Apr 2003, Michael Legart wrote:

> Jack,
>
> On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 11:30:41AM -0500, Jack Gryn wrote:
> >
> > As soon as those 'problematic' JPGs are gone, everything works fine again.
> >
> > I originally thought it had to do with file size, but apparently I was
> > wrong, shrinking the files has no effect.
> >
> > I have attached 2 files which I find problematic.
>
> Do you still have this problem with the latest version? I am not
> able to reproduce the problem here. (See http://gallery.legart.dk/Test )

Still a problem, the rest of the gallery works fine, just not many of the
files that come from my digital camera.  (My temporary workaround is to
re-encode the JPG files on my machine using djpeg/cjpeg).

> > Apparently, when pictures are displayed that have a height longer than the
> > width (portrait?), the Size list is screwed up and displays the following:
>
> I will have a look at that.
>
> > uri_escape in doesn't work with Perl 5.6.1 (RH 7.2), I fixed it by
> > including the code given by another user on this mailing list.
> >
> > A more permanent solution should be created for future versions
>
> Do people still see this problem? I have only been able to test
> on perl 5.6.0 and perl 5.8.0 and see no problems. Is this a problem
> with perl 5.6.1 only?

Still an issue, using 5.6.1, unfortunately, RH7.2 does not really want me
to be using a newer version of perl :)