Mail Index

Re: [ApacheGallery] Apache::Gallery & GIF

At 12:25 PM 1/23/2003 -0600, you wrote:
  Did you notice any changes in performance? I tried a similar thing
  with NetPBM but the performance degradation exceeded 400%! Does
  ImageMagick play a better game?
I never even got A::G to work with imlib2, so I can't compare performance,
but I would expect ImageMagick to be slightly slower than imlib2. This
isn't a problem on my system, but your mileage may vary. I do know that you
must have the most recent version of ImageMagick, since there are some bugs
(segfault) in older versions.
  I like the idea of making A::G independent of X-libraries that are
  too expensive to be installed for a sake of A::G only.
I'll grab the most recent revision (sorry, I typed 'CVX' in my last post)
and make up a revised Gallery.pm file. I'm not big on makefiles and perl
programming - just a "hacker" (in the proper sense of the word) - so
someone else will have to integrate my changes properly if the maintainer
chooses to accept them.
--Ernest