From: Saadiq Rodgers-King [mailto:saadiq@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, July 31, 2002 11:06 AM
To: Dave Preston
Cc: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: meta info for images... db?

The question of going with the db or not seems to be dependent on how
much information you want to store for your pictures.  It seems most
people here are content with just a comment.  I've been thinking about
it and these are the types of things I'd like to store for each image.

numeric id
file path
title
description
location
when taken
people in image
when added to gallery

For that type of thing, a db would certainly be useful. And as Michael
mentioned, the information would need to be editable from the web.

Once you have all that info it would be nice to search on it and then
browse the images by location or people in it.  Once I got over my most
recent bout of procrastination I was going to work on adding that for my
personal use.  I figured I'd make an attempt to have it configurable so
that a db backend is just optional and Apache::Gallery would still be
what it is without.

These have just been my thoughts.

Saadiq

On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 06:17:56AM -0700, Dave Preston scribbled: