Re: Getting it to work ..

If you are a perl guy you can use Apache::FakeRequest to test for script
errors, but the actual connection is dying without error, which would seem
imo to point towards a problem with the server itself.

You've tested other mod_perl on that box?  I noticed the server line of
your machine's response didn't include mod_perl.