Re: [ApacheGallery] Apache::Gallery fork

On Wed, Mar 08, 2006 at 11:56:12PM +0100, edouard@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have call my project XmlAutoIndex and I would like to put GPL Licence.

Probably not, be read below.

> Do you know who I can contact to make a fork on Apache::Gallery ?

Basically any developer that has submitted a patch to the project needs to be
contacted, and have a say on what can be done with the code.

Of the whole thread, the thing that makes me happier is the fact that the
person who planned to do a fork actually contacted the group of developers
(thru the mailing list that they use to communicate) and asked for
permission/advice, instead of going ahead, relicense the terms of the source
code, copy, hide, release, break the license terms, insist he is not doing so,
be sued, try to insist and defence himself of the accusations,... You see my
point.

--
Jesus Climent                                      info:www.pumuki.org
Unix SysAdm|Linux User #66350|Debian Developer|2.6.15|Helsinki Finland

Don't "Sir" me young man, you have no idea who you're dealing with.
		--Kay (Men in Black)