From: agusers-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:agusers-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Thomas L. Kjeldsen
Sent: 3. juli 2004 20:33
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ApacheGallery] Apachegallery on Debian

Hi Søren,

Søren Bjørn-Andersen wrote:
> Only thing that isnt working, is the icons for gallery.
> Icons are placed here:
> :~# ls -all /usr/share/libapache-gallery-perl/icons

[snip]

> My httpd.conf looks like this:
>
> Alias /icons/gallery /usr/share/libapache-gallery-perl/icons

[snip]

> And the error in my apache-log is:
> [error] [client 10.0.0.2] File does not exist:
> /usr/share/apache/icons/gallery/agfolder.png
>
> So I figure my Alias variable isnt working correctly in httpd.conf,
> but why?

I'd bet that in httpd.conf somewhere before the /icons/gallery alias you
can find something like this:

	Alias /icons/ /usr/share/apache/icons/

It seems that Apache use a first-match approach when handling its
Alias'es. So, if you move the /icons/gallery alias before the general
/icons alias I think it will work.

You could also just do what Michael suggests in the INSTALL file:
"Create a directory called gallery in your Apache icons directory and
copy the png files in htdocs to this directory." -- that is, make use of
the existing /icons alias instead of adding a /icons/gallery alias
yourself. Do something like this:

	mkdir /usr/share/apache/icons/gallery
	cp Apache-Gallery-0.8/htdocs/*.png
/usr/share/apache/icons/gallery