Re: [ApacheGallery] Apache2/Debian

On Sun, Jun 13, 2004 at 06:01:12PM +0200, Jens Koerner wrote:
> But I still miss the Gallery and what I see is the ugly default Apache
> directory listing where there should be nice icons. I guess that`s because I
> didn`t disable a module thats called autoindex_module within apache-1.3 .
> Didn`t find a module with that name. Does anybody know the name of that
> specific module in Apache2 ? Google has no answers :-(

Did you try putting a line like
  Options -Indexes
in the configuration for your A::G location/directory?   I found I didn't have
to disable mod_autoindex to keep it from clobbering A::G by doing so.

My config looks like:

PerlSetVar   GalleryCacheDir '/tmp/gallery'
PerlSetVar   GalleryTemplateDir '/usr/local/apache/gallery/templates'
PerlSetVar   GalleryInfo 'Picture Taken => DateTimeOriginal, Flash => Flash'
PerlSetVar   GallerySizes '640 800 1024 1600'
PerlSetVar   GalleryThumbnailSize '100x75'
<Directory "/var/www/public/pics">
    Options           -Indexes
    SetHandler        perl-script
    PerlHandler       Apache::Gallery
</Directory>

Caveat:  I'm using Apache 1.3.31, mod_perl 1.26, etc, not Apache2.