Re: [ApacheGallery] Wierd sorting problem

On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 20:38, Chris Knight wrote:
> I was JUST about to blast you nasty email about if you actually checked blah
> blah blah you would notice the times in the exif data.. showed #19 was created
> last.
> HOWEVER, I decided to check the actual file time (just to PROVE I was right) and
> infact the last one had an earlier filesystem create date.  Woops!  Good thing
> I didn't send that email.  ;-)

I think that's because it doesn't sort by EXIF creation time when you
tell it to sort by filesystem ctime, heh ;-)

> However, it still leaves wierdness on why the 'first' one was show as 'IMG 19 of
> 19'.  I would expect the first image (based on sorting) would be Image 1 of 19.

Hmm. I had completely overlooked that part of the statement.

I imagine that we could dig through the code to find out, but I can make
a bold assumption right now:

Sorting by ctime is how it knows how to display it, and yet knowing
which number in the total number isn't related in the same block of
code?

This seems like it could be a bug, doesn't it?

I don't have time to check it out at the moment, but I imagine it's
something like that.

> I guess I will let you off the hook, just this once.

I suppose this means I am pressing my luck, eh?

--
Jake Appelbaum <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>