Re: [ApacheGallery] .cache and jpegs problem

I'm seeing issues with this current release.

Some of my .jpg files are not being displayed.  My apache logs are showing the following:

[Mon Apr 12 10:58:08 2004] [error] [client 63.251.211.5] File does not exist: /home/zak/web/pics/oddities/.cache, referer: http://www.mode3.com/zak/pics/oddities/word.jpg

You can see the error on my site with the above link.

RH Linux 8
Kernel version 2.4.24
httpd-2.0.40-11.7
mod_perl-1.99_05-3

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004, Michael Legart wrote:

> Tom Brown wrote:
>
> > I have looked into this but haven't created a patch. I believe the
> > problem has to do with where AG jumps into the apache request cycle.
> > It is currently a PerlHandler, which I think makes it a
> > PerlResponseHandler. It seems that when AG changes the file path here
>
> In modperl 2 it is a PerlResponseHandler yes.
>
> > client and handle If-Modified-Since requests, which AG ignored last time
> > I checked. With a bit of encouragement I could try to make a patch as
> > a demonstration of what I mean but it is unlikely to be releasable.
>
> Does it require many changes?
>
> > I am also interested in AG generating each .cache thumbnail image when
> > the image is requested because I sometimes directly link to a .cache
> > file and don't want to have to worry about going to index page to
> > generate the thumbnail. Thoughts?
>
> This has now been implemented in r254,
>
> http://svn.apachegallery.dk/snapshots/Apache-Gallery-r254.tar.gz
>
> still needs some work though, but it seems to work ok.
>
> /Michael

Zak Brown
www.mode3.com

--

"One of the most unpleasant aspects of this business is the extent of which private lives are intruded upon when these kinds of issues come up, I really have always considered my private -- my daughters' lives private and I think that's the way it ought to remain."

	--Vice President Dick Cheney's comments on his openly gay daughter as she relates to his support of a constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage