Re: [ApacheGallery] .cache and jpegs problem

Tom Brown wrote:

I have looked into this but haven't created a patch. I believe the
problem has to do with where AG jumps into the apache request cycle.
It is currently a PerlHandler, which I think makes it a
PerlResponseHandler. It seems that when AG changes the file path here

In modperl 2 it is a PerlResponseHandler yes.

client and handle If-Modified-Since requests, which AG ignored last time
I checked. With a bit of encouragement I could try to make a patch as
a demonstration of what I mean but it is unlikely to be releasable.

Does it require many changes?

I am also interested in AG generating each .cache thumbnail image when
the image is requested because I sometimes directly link to a .cache
file and don't want to have to worry about going to index page to
generate the thumbnail. Thoughts?

This has now been implemented in r254,

http://svn.apachegallery.dk/snapshots/Apache-Gallery-r254.tar.gz

still needs some work though, but it seems to work ok.

/Michael