Re: [ApacheGallery] Can't locate Image/Imlib2.pm

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004, Lars K. Jakobsen wrote:
> > They're not in testing yet though... [If you fix the Module::Build
> > problem, you can build your own Debian packages for woody/testing
> > using the unstable sources off your nearest Debian mirror.
> >

> I'm in stable/woody. Can I still build the packages?

Yes:

apt-get install dpkg-dev build-essential fakeroot debhelper libimlib2-dev;
mkdir temp; cd temp;
wget http://rzlab.ucr.edu/debian/libimage-imlib2-perl/libimage-imlib2-perl_1.01{.orig.tar.gz,-2.dsc,-2.diff.gz}
dpkg-source -x libimage-imlib2-perl_1.01-2.dsc;
cd libimage-imlib2-perl-1.01;
fakeroot debian/rules binary;
cd ..;
dpkg -i libimage-imlib2-perl_1.01-2_i386.deb;
cd ..;

[then get rid of the temp build directory and/or remove the packages
you installed above that you don't need.]

> How do I downgrade the Module::Build? (as you can see, I'm not
> pretty good at this stuff)

The -2 version of the packages works around the bug in Module::Build
by passing build_class => 'Module::Build' to make_makefile.

Don Armstrong

--
N: Why should I believe that?"
B: Because it's a fact."