[ApacheGallery] Problem with GalleryThumbnailSize

Hello,
I've been messing around with ApacheGallery and am creating a custom
template to suit my needs. This involves placing thumbnail images in a
square bounding box for a more consistent visual feel (similar to thumbnail
view in Windows XP). From the README file, it seems logical that setting
GalleryThumbnailSize '100x100' would bound the thumbnail size to 100px max
in either width or height. However, this is not the result I'm getting -
ApacheGallery seems to be happy if either width or height is 100px or less.
Is this proper behaviour, or a bug? Is there any way around this? Obviously,
I think the way I interpreted the variable is the most logical way of doing
things :)

david