Re: [ApacheGallery] mod_perl 2

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003, Thomas Eibner wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 10:29:40AM -0800, Nick Tonkin wrote:

> > > Any specifics you know wont work? Apache::Compat wont work?
> >
> > Apache::Request is not ported yet.
>
> Ah right, it's been so long since I have used CGI.pm for mod_perl stuff,

me too

> is there any performance hit with using CGI.pm for the request stuff
> now?

Right now the performance hit is 100% -- my app is not working yet. I am
having weird cookie errors with CGI::Cookie which somehow appear to be
vandalizing the CGI query object. (This under mp2 of course, so prolly CGI
has nothing to do with it per se.) I'll keep you posted if you like.

Others have recommended CGI::Lite if you only need the query access
methods -- I haven't tried that myself.

> If not we should be able to just substitute and loose the dependency.

Hasn't really been that simple for me.

> Which probably wouldn't be a bad thing either, as Apache::Request has
> been broken/crapped out on me before.

Hm. I've never had a moment's trouble with it since v 0.31 at least ...

- nick

--

Nick Tonkin   {|8^)>