Re: [ApacheGallery] mod_perl 2

On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 01:10:44PM -0800, Nick Tonkin wrote:

> > Ah right, it's been so long since I have used CGI.pm for mod_perl stuff,
>
> me too
>
> > is there any performance hit with using CGI.pm for the request stuff
> > now?
>
> Right now the performance hit is 100% -- my app is not working yet. I am
> having weird cookie errors with CGI::Cookie which somehow appear to be
> vandalizing the CGI query object. (This under mp2 of course, so prolly CGI
> has nothing to do with it per se.) I'll keep you posted if you like.

Please do. Ultimately it will be up to Michael to decide wheter or not
to go that route, but if it works and it's (almost) just as fast I
don't see a reason why not to try it.

> Others have recommended CGI::Lite if you only need the query access
> methods -- I haven't tried that myself.

Yeah, but is CGI::Lite included with the standard perl distribution?
Instead of creating just another dependency it would be nicer just to
use what is there..

> > If not we should be able to just substitute and loose the dependency.
>
> Hasn't really been that simple for me.

Okay, I'll try it as soon as I get the time.

> > Which probably wouldn't be a bad thing either, as Apache::Request has
> > been broken/crapped out on me before.
>
> Hm. I've never had a moment's trouble with it since v 0.31 at least ...

I think it was around when 0.31_03 and the like was on cpan, the version
which Matt introduced A::R->instance (after that one I never have had
any problems).

--
  Thomas Eibner <http://thomas.eibner.dk/> DnsZone <http://dnszone.org/>
  mod_pointer <http://stderr.net/mod_pointer> <http://photos.eibner.dk/>