Re: Installing on FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE and getting despate

On Wed, Sep 11, 2002 at 10:08:22PM +0200, Nicolai Lang wrote:

> Dear list subscribers,
>
> I am trying to install this fantastic piece of software on my FreeBSD box,
> but after ~6 hours I still can't find the problem.
>
> I get
>
> [Wed Sep 11 21:57:12 2002] [notice] child pid 61112 exit signal Segmentation
> fault (11)

Sounds like either something is wrong with either apache or the modperl
you have.

> in the Apache Server error_log (not the VHOST's) for what seems like every
> picture that should be created in the .cache. Even after a chmod -R 777 . in
> the DOC-root.

tried using truss to see where it segfaults? Is there any inline code in
your inline code dir? Is there any problems in those dirs?

If that doesn't give anything, you might have to compile apache with -g
and fire up gdb and see what happens.

--
  Thomas Eibner <http://thomas.eibner.dk/> DnsZone <http://dnszone.org/>
  mod_pointer <http://stderr.net/mod_pointer> <http://photos.eibner.dk/>