Re: some ideas/feature requests for multiuser sites

On Tue, Sep 10, 2002 at 01:10:43AM +0200, KORN Andras wrote:
> > > - Another nice feature to have would be per-user gallery customization. It's
> > > possible to override the TemplateDir setting in a .htaccess file, but can
> > > you override gallery.css? How?
> >
> > Depends on what you meen with per-user? You can have a gallery.css file in
> > each virtualhost if that's what you'r thinking about?
>
> No. I'm rather thinking of environments where you aren't in control of your
> DNS, so you basically have one virtualhost, and each user wants their own
> design templates and gallery.css.
>
> Perhaps the script could check whether a gallery.css exists in some
> configurable locations (such as the public_html directory of the user who
> owns the gallery, or in the gallery directory itself), and, if so, link to
> that instead of the site-wide copy.

Put the directives in .htaccess? the .css file is specified in the
template, so if they can set their own template dir they just change
it there.

> > > - Can galleries have titles (other than the directory name)? How?
> >
> > Not at the moment. How do you think it should work? Should the text be
> > next to or under the directory name... or should it be there instead of
> > the directory name?
>
> Well, it's all the same to me. :) It might actually be possible to do it
> by modifying the directory template, but I haven't looked at it long enough
> yet.
>
> Oh, BTW, I experienced some weirdness after I upgraded to 0.4.1; messages
> like:
>
> [Mon Sep  9 19:50:30 2002] [error] Can't locate auto/Apache/Gallery/resizepictu.al in @INC (@INC contains: /var/cache/apache/inline/lib /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.0 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8.0 /usr/share/perl/5.8.0 /usr/local/lib/site_perl . /etc/apache/ /etc/apache/lib/perl) at /usr/share/perl5/Apache/Gallery.pm line 512
>
> It disappeared after I removed the inline/lib directory and restarted
> apache. Now everything works normally. Maybe this should be documented too;
> but since I don't fully understand what's going on there, I don't have the
> cheek to write about it. :)

Likely left over stuff from before the upgrade.

--
  Thomas Eibner <http://thomas.eibner.dk/> DnsZone <http://dnszone.org/>
  mod_pointer <http://stderr.net/mod_pointer> <http://photos.eibner.dk/>