Re: some ideas/feature requests for multiuser sites

On Sat, 2002-09-07 at 08:25, KORN Andras wrote:
> - the .cache directory. It needs to be writable by the user apache runs as
> (typically www-data). However, if a non-root user wants to create a gallery,
> they have no way of creating a .cache directory that's writable by www-data
> (but not world writable). (I know, on some systems you can give files away,
> but not on all of them.)

Shouldn't you be able to work around this by making a group for A::G
users and sticking anyone who wants a gallery in that group along with
www-data? Then the cache directories just need to be group writable.

--
Chip Marshall <chip@xxxxxxxxxx>           http://www.chocobo.cx/chip/
GCM/CS d+(-) s+:++ a21>? C++ UB++++$ P+++$ L- E--- W++ N@ o K- w O M+