On Sat, Sep 07, 2002 at 01:32:06PM -0400, Chip Marshall wrote:
Hi,
> > - the .cache directory. It needs to be writable by the user apache runs as
> > (typically www-data). However, if a non-root user wants to create a gallery,
> > they have no way of creating a .cache directory that's writable by www-data
> > (but not world writable). (I know, on some systems you can give files away,
> > but not on all of them.)
>
> Shouldn't you be able to work around this by making a group for A::G
> users and sticking anyone who wants a gallery in that group along with
> www-data? Then the cache directories just need to be group writable.
In theory, this should work, but I believe apache doesn't join the
supplementary groups the user it setuids to is a member of. I'll try it
nonetheless.
Thanks.
Andrew
--
Andrew Korn (Korn Andras) <korn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Finger korn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for pgp key. QOTD:
Whoever named it necking was a poor judge of anatomy!
Attachment:
pgp1ReIwbtbO9.pgp
Description: PGP signature