Re: meta info for images... db?

On Sun, Aug 04, 2002 at 07:35:37PM +0300, tapani wrote:

> On Wed, 31 Jul 2002, Saadiq Rodgers-King wrote:
>
> > numeric id
> > file path
> > title
> > description
> > location
> > when taken
> > people in image
> > when added to gallery
> >
> > For that type of thing, a db would certainly be useful. And as Michael
> > mentioned, the information would need to be editable from the web.
>
> A::G is already using jpeg EXIF information fields (DateTimeOriginal and
> Flash, at least), those could be used - but propably not as flexibly as you're
> hoping?
>
> I actually have no idea of perl coding, but I think I just understood
> (just wait for few minutes and I'm screaming for help..) how
> to add more fields (F-number, Focal length, Shutter speed value etc.
> information my digital camera stores on EXIF) to image information field
> :) These might be nice to have by default (maybe commented out and
> information on readme how to enable them?).

Isn't there something in the readme file about it?

=item B<GalleryInfo>

With this option you can define which EXIF information you would like
to present from the image. The format is: '<MyName => KeyInEXIF,
MyOtherName => OtherKeyInEXIF'

Examples of keys: B<ShutterSpeedValue>, B<ApertureValue>, B<SubjectDistance>,
and B<Camera>

You can view all the keys from the EXIF header using this perl-oneliner:

perl C<-e> 'use Data::Dumper; use Image::Info qw(image_info); print Dumper(image_info(shift));' filename.jpg

Default is: 'Picture Taken => DateTimeOriginal, Flash => Flash'

> I'm also unable to get .htaccess files working; does A::G disable (by not
> using them) their workability? I have some private folders (A::G is just
> about perfect software for my needs of handling pictures in gallery - both
> public and private), and now Im forced to use IP restrictions in apache
> config file to avoid my private pictures viewed by others. I still would
> like to allow certain people to access those images, so .htaccess with
> password protection would fit my needs perfectly.

A::G honors .htaccess files (as it is only a content handler), are you
sure you have the right directory options set to make it work?

> One more request :) Option to allow images viewed in original size. Should
> not be hard one, rite? :)

Already there, but you found out :-)

--
  Thomas Eibner <http://thomas.eibner.dk/> DnsZone <http://dnszone.org/>