Re: Fw: Re: [ApacheGallery] problem installing

I had not compiled the graphics libs as shared libs... imlib2 is now installed.
Now I am getting the following error in my apache error log:

[Mon Feb 11 11:14:25 2002] [error] Undefined subroutine &Apache::Gallery::resizepicture called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/Apache/Gallery.pm line
434.

Do you have any ideas off the top of your head what might be causing this?  I'm REALLY close now!!

From: "Michael Legart" <michael@xxxxxxxxx> on 02/11/2002 04:45 PM CET

To:   Eric P Steed@AMEX
cc:
Subject:  Fw: Re: [ApacheGallery] problem installing

Oups, you were not on the list when i replied to your mail

----- Forwarded message from Michael Legart <michael@xxxxxxxxx> -----

From: Michael Legart <michael@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [ApacheGallery] problem installing
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 16:33:27 +0100

On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 09:15:56AM -0600, Eric P Steed wrote:

> PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/local/bin/perl -Iblib/arch -Iblib/lib
-I/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.1/i86pc-solaris -I/usr
> /local/lib/perl5/5.6.1 test.pl
> 1..1
> Can't locate object method "request" via package "Apache" (perhaps you forgot
to load "Apache"?) at blib/lib/Apache/Gallery.pm line 23.

First, A::G 0.4 will be released very soon with alot of bugfixes, so please
try that instead: http://apachegallery.dk/download/Apache-Gallery-dev.tar.gz

The issue with "make test" is not fixed yet though, I am working on that.
Untill
then try to install the module outside the CPAN shell.

> OS- solaris 2.8 on intel platform

A friend of mine have Apache::Gallery running on the same platform, so it
should
be possible. :-)

> I installed the graphics libraries before but I reinstalled from source
anyways and it STILL says I don't have them installed!!  Do I need to point
imlib2

Are they installed in /usr/local? Imlib _should_ be able to find them there.
Also, please
check that you have zlib installed as a shared library since the png support in
imblib2
will not work otherwise.

Hope this helps,
Michael