Re: [ApacheGallery] [feature request] Actual caching that lasts throughsessions?

Hi,

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004, Jake Appelbaum wrote:

> I use apache::gallery for a number of very large photos with a large
> number of photos per folder.
>
> You can see it in action here: http://photos.appelbaum.net
>
> However, a major issue that comes up is that it's incredibly slow. I
> know why it's slow (my photos are 3 megs each). But After a single
> person loads the page, the major work has been done, why not keep it?

Hint to easily cache all your pictures:
wget -r --no-parent <url of your A:G picture-site>

And of course A:G caches, it's wonderfull and extremely fast!

--
Groetjes,
Oscar

Kids in the back seat cause accidents; accidents in the back seat cause kids.