Re: [ApacheGallery] Apache2/Debian

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004, Jason Hall wrote:

> So I'm moving to a new server, and decided to finally start porting everything
> I have over to apache2.  I also decided to try doing it via the package
> manager, instead of just doing mod_perl from source.  I installed the
> libapache-gallery, and set up a simple site to test, but was faced with
> errors:
>
> Can't locate mod_perl.pm in @INC (@INC
> contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.3 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.3 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl . /etc/apache2/ /etc/apache2/lib/perl)
> at /usr/share/perl5/Apache/Gallery.pm line 14.\nBEGIN failed--compilation
> aborted at /usr/share/perl5/Apache/Gallery.pm line 14.\nCompilation failed in
> require at (eval 1) line 3.\n
>
> I got around this by manually editing the A::G .pm, doing use
> Apache2::mod_perl.  This now finds the actual file.  It would be nice if this
> worked automatically.  For now, this is my way of documenting it :)

See http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=240585

In short, you need to add an appropriate PerlSwitches
-I/usr/lib/perl5/Apache2;

See
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/config/config.html#Accessing_the_mod_perl_2_0_Modules;
as well.

Don Armstrong

--
[Panama, 1989. The U.S. government called it "Operation Just Cause".]
I think they misspelled this. Shouldn't it be "Operation Just 'Cause"?

http://www.donarmstrong.com
http://rzlab.ucr.edu