Re: [ApacheGallery] Rotation of pictures

On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 12:07:20PM +0100, Mads Martin Joergensen wrote:
> Hey together,
>
> What's up with rotation of pictures?
>
> We already have the possibility to change resolution on the fly, why not
> have the possibility to rotate 90°, 180° and 270°?

From the manual:

     Rotate images
         Some cameras, like the Canon G3, detects the orientation
         of a picture and adds this info to the EXIF header.
         Apache::Gallery detects this and automaticly rotates
         images with this info.

         If your camera does not support this, you can rotate the
         images manually, This can also be used to override the
         rotate information from a camera that supports that. You
         can also disable this behavior with the
         GalleryAutoRotate option.

         To use this functionality you have to create file with
         the name of the picture you want rotated appened with
         ".rotate". The file should include a number where these
         numbers are supported:

                 "1", rotates clockwise by 90 degree
                 "2", rotates clockwise by 180 degrees
                 "3", rotates clockwise by 270 degrees

         So if we want to rotate "Picture1234.jpg" 90 degrees
         clockwise we would create a file in the same directory
         called "Picture1234.jpg.rotate" with the number 1 inside
         of it.

/Michael
--
hestdesign.info - we put the hest in .com