Re: [ApacheGallery] GIF files

gifs arn't supported at all.  This is basicly a patent issue.

the png file format is supported, (though you might see some issues with pngs if
you're running a current version of RedHat as I am).

Use gif2png to convert the gifs.

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003, TK wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have an existing directory containing  jpg files and Gallery works
> fine on them. Now I moved some gif files to the directory, and they are
> not showing in the index page, even after I restarted apache server.
> These gif files have identical permission settings to the jpg files. And
> I can access individual files by type the url
> (http://server.com/dir/mypic.gif), but Gallery doesn't seem to pick them
> up at all. My question is, does Gallery support gif format at all? what
> file formats are supported?
>
> Thanks.
> -tk.

Zak Brown
www.mode3.com

--

"I'm not one of those button luddites that's all like anti-zipper."