[ApacheGallery] Installing under Apache 2

Greetings to all. I would like to install Apache::Gallery to run under Apache 2 (2.0.46), but I get
"Warning: prerequisite Apache::Request 0 not found."
when I try to "perl Makefile.PL" I realize this is probably a simple problem, but I'm brand new to Apache 2. I didn't find any messages covering this in the mailing list archives (though I admittedly can't get to Google this morning), so I'm hoping someone can point me towards a solution.
Dan Mahoney
dan@xxxxxxxx
"How you behave towards cats here below determines your status in Heaven."
Robert Heinlein
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of
life - music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer