Re: [ApacheGallery] imlibe 2

Dear list,

On Mon, 27 Jan 2003, Andreas Plesner Jacobsen wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 26, 2003 at 04:39:41PM +0100, Xander Barents wrote:
> > My mistake, excuse me.
> >
> > I try to run 0.6 on a Linux system.
> >
> > When I do make test (perl 002_graphlibs.t) the following output can be
> seen.
> >
> > ok 1 - PNG Width
> > ok 2 - PNG Height
> > not ok 3 - JPG Width
> > #	Failed test (002_graphlibs.t at line 12)
> > #	     got: undef
> > #	expected: '10'
> > # You need to install libjpeg before libimlib
> > not ok 4 - JPG Height
> > #	Failed test (002_graphlibs.t at line 13)
> > #	     got: undef
> > #	expected: '10'
> > # You need to install libjpeg before libimlib
> > # Looks like you failed 2 tests of 4.
> >
> > This matches with I found out later on my system, PNG pictures work, JPEG
> > not. (when I view my site with a browser). I think something is wrong with
> > the LIBJPEG. All files are installed but still no suc6.
>
> You probably have to contact somebody who knows your distribution better
> to get some hints on how to get imlib2 to work with libjpeg - as far as
> I know, most people on this list runs A::G on BSD or Debian systems.

My 2 cents:

Well, I use Linux (Trustix) and it went flawless.
Before I could start I had to install X though.
(Xbin.tgz,  Xlib.tgz,  Xprog.tgz belonging to your glib version).
You don't need above step if you already have X working.

Then, just stick to the order (all in the readme) in which you install things,
I think the order does matter.
I have to say I used tar.gz files in stead of rpm's.

The problem you describe must be your libjpeg. Maybe uninstall the rpm and
try a .tar.gz install with libjpeg (or with everything).

Good luck, it's definitely worth it ;-)

--
Kind regards,
Oscar Buse.