RE: copyright picture?

Looks like it might be imlib2's the culprit on why PNG is not getting
picked up..weird that jpg gets picked up though.  I did install the
libpng it looks like that was missing.  After that was compiled, I tried
to compile imlib2 again and it looks like it fails. Here is the error
during a make

Any ideas?

make  all-recursive
Making all in libltdl
Making all in src
Making all in filters
Making all in doc
Making all in loaders
/bin/sh ../libtool --mode=link gcc  -g -O2 -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L../src -o
jpeg.la -rpath /usr/local/lib/loaders/image -no-undefined -module
-avoid-version loader_jpeg.lo -ljpeg -L../src -lImlib2
rm -fr .libs/jpeg.la .libs/jpeg.* .libs/jpeg.*
gcc -shared  loader_jpeg.lo  -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L../src -ljpeg -lImlib2
-lc  -Wl,-soname -Wl,jpeg.so -o .libs/jpeg.so
/usr/libexec/elf/ld: cannot find -lImlib2
*** Error code 1

Stop in /dump/files/imlib2-1.0.6/loaders.